Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Body Sacred - intro

I am currently reading "The Body Sacred" by Dianne Sylvan. It's a book about improving your body image through pagan-based themes and rituals. I've decided to track my progress here on blogger. I'm also going to be putting the posts on my blog over at WitchSchool International. You can find me on there under the name Jenni if you're interested. If you can't find me, send me your email address and I will send you an invite. I haven't written much on there, but plan on writing a lot more.

Anyway, my first ritual I am working on from this book is writing down everything negative that someone has ever said to me. Then I write down all of the negative things I have said to myself. Immediately I realized that I've been 1,000 time harder on myself than anyone else ever has. So there is my first lesson learned, and I haven't even completed the ritual! Once I write them all down, I cut out eye holes on a paper plate because this will be my "mask". I'm hidden behind a mask of a very negative self-perception of myself. This has been my norm since elementary school. I am to glue all of the negative things people have said to me, and that I have said to myself, to this paper plate. Then, after drawing a circle, calling the elements, and goddess and god, I burn the mask and send those negative thoughs packing. This is similar to the candle burning ritual taught in the Living The Wiccan Life class at WitchSchool. Except here we are focusing only on releasing negativity, and we're focusing on a specific negativity. One that can hold you back in a whole lot of areas in your life.

I've made my lists, and next is to make the mask and hold the ritual. My next post will be of the things I came up with, pictures of the mask, and I hope of the ritual as well. The whole point of this blog is to have a record of my transformation. And if it helps anyone else in the process, then great! If any of you have self-image problems, I highly recommend this book. I purchased it from amazon for my kindle, but Llewelyn books also has it. Click here to go to that page for purchase. Until next time, may you bleesed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment